CANDE Forum > CANDE Interface Elements
CANDE Interface Elements
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

Mhenning
1 post
Mar 12, 2019
4:53 PM
Does anyone have a good understanding of implementing interface elements? I have read both manuals and am still having trouble getting my interface elements to work in a way that I would expect.

Anyway I have created a 4 side concrete box culvert using a level 3 mesh. Its a rather complex system so I need to manually create the mesh. however now I need to accurately model the interface between the soil and concrete box. I started at the bottom of the box. For ease I will explain a single interface element. Joint I of the interface element is joint 1 which is part of the concrete beam element. Joint j is joint 16 which is part of the soil quad element. Finally joint 31 which is not part of any element, per the CANDE manual. All 3 joints have the same X and Y values.

As this is the bottom of the bottom of the box I have the angle set at -90, CoF as 0.5, and tensile limit as 1 lb/in.

I then run the model and everything converges but the deflections I am seeing are very weird. Joint 1(part of concrete beam element) has a vertical deflection of roughly 300in downward due to self weight while joint 16 (part of soil quad element) has a vertical deflection of roughly 0 as expected. The lateral deflections do match up as expected.

I am of the understanding that the interface element is somewhat of a spring, where compression force is transferred due to contact, tensile force is transferred up to the limit set, and shear force is transferred based on the CoF input. Therefore I would suspect that for most scenarios joint 1 would have similar deflection to joint 16.

I have tried all different combinations of angles, CoFs, and tensile limits. Nothing has worked. Can anyone with more knowledge help?

Last Edited by Mhenning on Mar 12, 2019 4:54 PM
Alanis
4 posts
Jul 11, 2019
8:30 AM
google
Marlaina
1 post
Jul 12, 2019
7:45 AM
The discussion on this topic is not as coherrent as I expected it to be. I have to say that my essay typer doesn't work so I have to write on the computer right now. There's nothing of any worth here, so I don't have anything to write.
star19
10 posts
Jul 30, 2019
3:12 AM
Apple products are revered for its quality, precision and great design. SRSG started its operations as Apple technology partners in the year 1997.

apple reseller in guwahati

apple reseller in Mumbai

apple authorized service center in delhi

FM Channel License

Broadcast consultancy

ipad reseller delhi
star19
17 posts
Dec 20, 2019
2:08 AM
We are best Professional SEO, Digital Marketing, Web Designing and Web Development Company in Bangalore.
top seo agency in bangalore
seo expert in bangalore
PPC agency in bangalore
best digital marketing company in bangalore
social media marketing company in bangalore

Last Edited by star19 on Jun 29, 2020 4:47 AM
star19
18 posts
Dec 20, 2019
2:09 AM
Welcome to the world of gaming, where life is fast paced and interesting. There is always an adventure waiting for you online.

buy csgo accounts

csgo ranks
star19
19 posts
Dec 20, 2019
Provides multiple learning environment of International standard with holistic system of education at an affordable cost for the successful life of young generation.

top paramedical college india

best B.Ed. college in dehradun

The goal of the society is to create professionally well skilled students To achieve the said goal, arrangements have been made with the pioneers and front runners both in India and abroad.

best cbse school in premnagar
yalmebapsu
1 post
May 20, 2020
10:31 PM
Great read
tree removal polk county
Forexsteam
3 posts
Jun 01, 2020
Sollant 7.5kw industrial air compressor’s pressure is adjustable, We can set the pressure according to your requirements(7-12bar), Sollant
treatassignmenthelp
1 post
Jun 03, 2020
3:23 AM
We providing Case Study Help including all subjects like Law Case Study, Organizational Behavior Case Study, Marketing Case Study, HR Functions Strategy Case Study, History Case Study & more writing services.For more services : Business Essay Help | Essay Editing Service | Law Dissertation Help | Essay Help Australia
star19
23 posts
Jun 29, 2020
4:47 AM
Our prior goal is to surpass all the expectations of our client by providing outstanding customer support service, greater value and increased flexibility which in results optimize system functionality and improve operation efficiency.
erp vendors
erp software development company in india
hospital Management information system
erp packages
erp for Construction
erp for manufacturing industry
star19
24 posts
Jun 29, 2020
4:48 AM
We all come to work everyday to solve the most basic to the most complex visa related problems. We are passionate about providing you best suited solution to your needs.
canada visa immigration lawyer
crs score
Mandes
1 post
Jun 30, 2020
3:34 AM
Thanks a lot for sharing this wonderful information with me. I reall liked it a lot.

Post a Message

(8192 Characters Left)