CANDE Forum > Mesh Generation - Level 3 Modeling
Mesh Generation - Level 3 Modeling
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

Reilly95765
1 post
Sep 25, 2017
11:25 AM
what cadd tools are available for generating Level 3 mesh? I have not been able to find "CandeCad" (Autodesk) and would prefer to work in Bentley Microstation (DOT default cadd program). All comments welcome & highly valued. Thx !
Greg
1 post
Feb 15, 2018
1:21 PM
Was there ever a response to this post? Would like to be able to generate a 3D mesh using Bentley Microstation as well. Any help would be appreciated.
Brandon
1 post
Mar 01, 2018
12:22 PM
I am looking for the answer as well. What will be a good pre processor for CANDE to generate the mesh? An add-on to excel or CAD software will greatly enhance the CANDE experience for complicated models.
Reilly95765
2 posts
Jun 10, 2018
12:25 AM
Level 3 Mesh Generation - I'm still trolling for a pre-processor for Level-3 mesh generation. Any breadcrumbs on this topic greatly appreciated.
Sam1234
1 post
Mar 13, 2019
2:08 PM
Any updates on this? I have been trying to create a mesh in NASTRAN, but have had little luck.

Supposedly, CANDE can read the NASTRAN mesh file. However, I am using Autodesk's Nastran In-CAD (2017) which has new file formatting conventions that don't work with the requirements in CANDE.
Mhenning
2 posts
Mar 14, 2019
4:31 AM
Do you have access to a structural analysis program that can generate a mesh? I know these can be expensive so this comment may be useless, but that is how I go about making a level 3 mesh. I use LARSA to automatically generate a plate mesh, then use its group functionality to create load steps. I can then export the notes and plates to a text file and put it right into CANDE. I skip the CANDE gui all together.
Sam1234
2 posts
Mar 15, 2019
9:54 AM
Thanks for the reply @MHenning. I do have access to a structural program.. Nastran In-CAD working on Autodesk Inventor... I've been trying to import the nastran file directly (.nas) since that is supposedly possible (CANDE Manual 7.2). But I'll try to see if I can get the nodes/elements generated as a simple text file

I'll let you know how it goes!

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.